Cost Management Functional Consultant
Alta Via Consulting, LLC a cBEYONData company is seeking an experienced Cost Management (ACM) Functional Consultant to work closely with our customer stakeholders and our SAP Solution Architects to elicit and analyze complex financial business processes (with specialized focus on cost management) and functional requirements with the goal of developing innovative solutions for our clients using SAP or other commercial off-the-shelf applications. The CM Functional Consultant supports a large-scale business process re-engineering (BPR) team that specializes in crafting solutions on a strategic level, down to suggesting potential data architecture within systems and information flow between systems.
The CM Functional Consultant combines a nuanced understanding of relevant Army End-to-End (E2E) business processes alongside thorough knowledge of how those processes work within current Army financial systems, specifically the General Fund Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS) and the Army Working Capital Fund (AWCF) executed in the Logistics Modernization Program (LMP).
- Serve as a subject matter expert on a dedicated Cost Management team focused on ensuring that Cost Management touchpoints are accurately reflected in to-be integrated financial and logistics process designs resulting in a comprehensive set of customer validated to-be cost management system requirements to be met with SAP and/or other off the shelf software packages.
- Represent cost and performance management equities by attending workshops with customers to gain a comprehensive understanding of their current business processes, issues, SAP footprint, future goals, and objectives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to guide and integrate diverse stakeholder requirements into a holistic BPR approach for relevant Financial and Cost Management E2E processes.
- Help craft transformation of as-is E2E processes into to-be E2E processes.
- Help define cost and performance management requirements for the customer’s target operational model down to core data models, data flows, and processes.
- Analyze and validate whether proposed business processes, data models, and other solution components meet the intent of the financial and cost management strategy.
- Work with Solution Architects, functional and programmatic offices, system integrators, and stakeholders to communicate and advocate for proper understanding of requirements and prototype solutions.
- Lead discussions of topics across teams or modules to achieve the successful delivery of solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Secret Clearance required
- 3-5+ years’ experience specializing in Army financial management, cost management and budgeting processes
- Demonstrated experience operating as a functional expert, consulting, designing, implementing, or contributing to process or system improvements
- Demonstratable expertise in SAP/GFEBS financial transaction areas including FI, CO, FM, BI, as well as integration with other SAP modules
- Knowledge of the guidelines, principles, processes, and systems associated with the Army’s Program Planning and Budget Execution (PPBE) process, such as the budget formulation and administration, the Program Objective Memorandum (POM) cycle, Program Optimization and Budget Evaluation (PROBE), and Project Management Resource Tool (PMRT)
- Knowledge in Army financial and cost management business processes, integration and reconciliation within Army ERPs as well as CO master data, cost planning, allocations/assignments, etc.; business processes to include but not limited to Transportation, Fulfillment, US Civilian Payroll, Mission Operations, Real Estate, Resource Allocation, Supply, Manufacturing/Re-manufacturing, Asset Acquisition, and/or Reimbursables.
- Demonstratable expertise in the usage of GFEBS BI/BW for conducting complex analyses related to Army execution and budgeting
- Experience with complex problem-solving strategies. Able to determine the source of a problem and find effective solution(s) through an in-depth evaluation of varying factors. Strong capacity for abstract reasoning and creative visioning
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams; experience with working complex projects remotely is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation and writing skills to successfully interact with colleagues and executive client leadership
- Ability to work independently and deliver high quality work under time constraints
cBEYONData is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.